The Akashi Newsletter (Koho Akashi) is a newsletter published by Akashi City. It releases on the 1st and the 15th of each month. There are many announcements in each issue of the Akashi Newsletter. We have selected five of the most important or useful announcements and translated them into English.
Announcements in the November 1st Issue
Announcement of a Family Skiing Class
There will be family skiing classes at the Hachi Highlands Ski Resort.
The instructors will be happy to teach you, whether you’re a great skier or don’t know how to ski at all!
- The skiing classes will be held by the Akashi Skiing Association and the Konohana Travel Agency.
- There will be two different classes held on two separate weekends:
The 1st class will be on January 20th and 21st (Saturday and Sunday), 2024.
The 2nd class will be on Saturday, February 3rd and 4th (Saturday and Sunday), 2024.
- We will be going to the Hachi Highlands Ski Resort by bus.
You can get on the bus either at the Akashi City Hall or at the Akashi Bank bus stop. We will be staying at a hotel. The hotel’s name is the “Plateau Konohana.”
- Elementary school students living in Akashi, along with the adult members of their families, are welcome to participate. Both the 1st and the 2nd class can hold up to 45 people.
- The cost of the event is 17,000 yen for adults and 14,000 yen for children. This does not include other expenses such as using the ski lifts or renting skis.
- If you want to apply, then please write the following things on a postcard and mail it in:
- The name, address, postal code, and phone number of the participating adult(s).
- The names of everyone who will be participating.
- The name, school name, and school year (1st year, 2nd year, etc.) of the participating child.
- Whether you want to join the January or February class.
- Please send the postcard to the following address so that it arrives by December 2nd:
〒667-1124 Yabu City, Tando 909-1
Hachi Highlands “Plateau Konohana” Akashi City Family Ski Class Staff
Their phone number is 079-667-7111, and their fax number is 079-667-7114.
- If too many people apply for the class, then the participating families will be decided by a lottery.
The Akashi Planetarium Will Be Having a “Stargazing Event”
A “stargazing event” is one where participants can look up into the night sky to see different stars or planets. Akashi Planetarium will be having an event where you can use their telescope to enjoy the beauty of the starry sky. Anyone who wants to participate should apply using their website.
Dates: The Stargazing Event will be held on two separate occasions.
1 Saturday, November 25th. *If you want to join, then please apply by 5:00 pm on November 11th.
2 Saturday, December 2nd. *If you want to join, then please apply by 5:00 pm on November 18th.
Time: The event will be held from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm. *The reception area for the event will open from 6:30 pm.
Place: The Akashi Municipal Planetarium (The address is Akashi City, Hitomaru-cho 2-6), the Astral Observation Room on the 16th floor, as well as the Sundial Plaza on the 4th floor.
Number of Participants: Limited to 40 people. If too many people wish to join the event, then the participants will be chosen by a lottery.
Cost: 300 yen per person. Parking costs 200 yen.
※Announcement of Free Entry Days at the Planetarium
November 18th and 19th (Saturday and Sunday) will be “Kansai Culture Days”, so entry to the planetarium will be free on those days. Parking will still cost money, however.
If you have any questions about this article, please contact the Akashi Municipal Planetarium. Their phone number is 078-919-5000. Their fax number is 078-919-6000.
If You Purchased a Bicycle Helmet, You May Be Eligible for Financial Support to Help Cover What You Paid
For residents of Hyogo Prefecture who purchased a bicycle helmet: you may be eligible for money from the prefecture to help cover the cost of the helmet.
Hyogo Prefecture plans to start accepting applications for helmet reimbursement in December. In order to be eligible, there are several conditions you have to meet, so please check them over carefully first before applying.
First, the following helmets are eligible for the program (the helmet must match ALL of the following criteria):
- It is a new helmet that was purchased on October 3rd, 2023 or later.
- The helmet matches national safety standards.
- “Habatan Pay+” was not used to buy the helmet. (Habatan Pay+ are tickets sold by Hyogo Prefecture that can be used like money)
Also, the following people are eligible for the program (as long as you meet ONE of the criteria, you are eligible):
- 65 years of age or older
- Child between 1 to 18 years old, and one parent (either the mother or the father)
- Someone between 19 and 29 years old who is a student at a university, technical school, or something similar.
*For the purpose of determining your age, please use how old you will be on March 31st of next year.
The financial support is up to 4,000 yen per helmet. (If your helmet cost less than 1,000 yen, then it is not eligible for the payment)
The payment will not be made in cash. Instead, the current plan is for the payment to be made using credit card points or prepaid cards. For more details, please check the following site code:
If you have any questions about this article, please contact the Hyogo Prefecture Call Center. Their phone number is 0120-134-076. They are open every day from 9:00 am until 5:30 pm. However, they will not be open around the year-end/New Year’s holidays.
Free Coronavirus Vaccinations Are Only Available Until March 31st, 2024
You can receive a free vaccination for the Coronavirus up to March 31st, 2024.
Children who are 6 months old or older can receive the vaccination.
For information on how to make reservations and how to get a vaccination ticket, please check the Akashi City website.
If you are 12 years old or older and haven’t yet received your 1st and 2nd vaccinations, then you can get those vaccinations on the following days.
The vaccinations will be given at the Akashi Medical Center.
1st vaccination: Saturday, November 25th.
2nd vaccination: Saturday, December 16th.
The following are Coronavirus-related phone numbers:
- To make a reservation to receive a vaccination, please call 0120-227-710.
- To consult with someone about the Coronavirus vaccination, please call 0120-712-160.
- These phone lines are open each day from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- If you’re unable to talk over the phone, then their fax number is 0120-655-695.